If you want to register any transactions, or make changes to a registered title at HM Land Registry without instructing a Solicitor, you’ll need to verify your identity using HM Land Registry’s ID1 & ID5 forms (for a person) or their ID2 & ID5 forms (for a company).

At ID5 Identification Verification, we specialise exclusively in HM Land Registry compliant ID Verification, and you can be confident that we’re the experts!

No hidden fees, no complications and no fuss! Professional straightforward service.

If you want to know more, we’ve prepared replies to some questions we often hear below:-

In order to protect against fraud, HM Land Registry have adopted a policy requiring anyone registering a land transaction (e.g. a transfer, lease or charge), to have their identity checked by a solicitor or other conveyancer.

If you instruct a solicitor to act for you, they will check your ID and they’ll certify to Land Registry that this check has been done when they apply to register your transaction.

Most conveyancing forms can be freely downloaded from HM Land Registry’s website. Many people, therefore, chose to complete the forms themselves, without instructing a solicitor in order to save money.

However, HM Land Registry still require a solicitor or other suitable professional to check the identity of the persons entering into the transaction.

An ID1 form was traditionally used where a solicitor verified the identity of someone that was physically present, for example where the appointment takes place at a solicitor’s office. In these circumstances, the person being identified completes Part A of the ID1 form, and the solicitor then completes Part B of the ID1 form. The person being identified also needs to obtain a passport photo, which the solicitor signs and attached to the ID1 form.

The ID5 forms were introduced at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, when HM Land Registry began accepting ID verification by online video call. When the ID is checked by video, the person being identified still completes Part A of the ID1 form, but part B of the ID1 form is left blank, and the solicitor completes an ID5 form instead. Where it’s done by video, a screenshot is taken, meaning there’s no need to waste money on passport photos when you use the ID5 procedure.

Yes, we can help you with all aspects of Land Registry ID verification. We offer a Budget “ID5 Service” which includes just the completed ID5 form, and we’ll provide a blank ID1 form to you as part of that. You then complete Part A of the ID1 yourself. Please note that we don’t need to sign your ID1 form, only the ID5.

Alternatively, we offer our “ID1 Online” Premium Service where we complete both ID1 and ID5 forms on your behalf to save you the trouble. If you choose the Premium service you’ll just need to sign the ID1 form where shown with a sticker, and send everything to HM land Registry.

The ID1 form is very straight forward and simply asks for some personal details and for your previous address details for the last 5 years. However, we are happy to help, please ensure you order the ID5 Premium service.

An ID2 form is similar to an ID1 form, except that ID1s are used where the party entering into the transaction is a person, and ID2 forms are used when the party entering into the transaction is a company, such that a director or company secretary is signing for the company.

When the director is identified by video rather than in person, the ID2 form must be accompanies by an ID5 form.

We check and verify your ID, and once done, we provide you with a fully completed ID1 and ID5 forms (for people) or ID2 and ID5 forms (for companies) which you can present to Land Registry. This will address the ID aspect of your application to them.

The following are examples of when you will need to have your ID verified for Land Registry:-

  • Transferring a property
  • Divorce
  • Granting a lease to someone
  • Registering or Discharging a Mortgage or Charge
  • Transferring a Lease
  • surrendering a lease
  • buying or selling a property or land
  • Registering or removing a restriction.

When you book we ask you to send us copies of your ID. You then meet one of our solicitors on a Video Call where your ID is checked face to face, and you will be asked some basic questions regarding the transaction.

We then arrange for an electronic ID verification to be carried out. A link will be sent to your phone to allow you to scan in your ID and a photo of yourself. The ID verification will be provided by CREDITS and the cost of it is included in the fee you pay us.

We realise that time is precious. We also realise that, in times of lockdown and global pandemic, face to face interaction is often impractical.

We offer an online method to swiftly, cheaply and efficiently complete the compliance paperwork for the Land Registry (often much quicker than a high street lawyer ever could), and often at a fraction of the price

We can often arrange a same-day video call with a Solicitor and can arrange for the signed ID1 and ID5 Forms to be sent by First Class Post immediately.

If you require, we can also arrange for tracked post, and if speed is important to you, we can also usually offer a same day courier service throughout the UK (*additional fee will apply).

Using our online booking system, you arrange a time for a video call which suits you. A Solicitor will then be available at the allotted time. The Solicitor will be an experienced lawyer who will have been through this process many times. As a result, they will obtain the relevant information swiftly and efficiently.

You will be asked to email photos of certain documents (such as your Passport and proof of address). We will then arrange for an electronic ID check to be undertaken.

The ID1 and ID5 forms will then be completed and returned to you by email and post.

We’ll to see 1 of the following:-

  • a) Passport;
  • b) Photocard Driving Licence;
  • c) Biometric Residency Permit.

We also need to see two proofs of address from the following list:-

  • a) Photocard Driving Licence (provided you also hold a passport);
  • b) Utility Bill (Gas, Electric, Water, etc.);
  • c) Council Tax (for this year);
  • d) Mortgage Statements;
  • e) Bank / Credit Card Statement.

If the application relates to a property you don’t live in, we may ask you for additional information about your connection to that property.

Please call us on 0330 3904000 to discuss your circumstances.

We will need to see some evidence of a connection to the property which is going to be subject to the transaction. For example, if you own and live in the property, then this will be evident. If you are selling a “buy to let” property, we may want to see a tenancy agreement or other document relating to the property.

No, this is not required for an ID5. We take a screenshot of you on the call holding your ID, which we then attach to the ID5 form.

We usually use Zoom, but we can also use WhatsApp or Facetime to suit you.

We ask for payment by card or bank transfer after our video call and before we commission our electronic ID check.

Contact us today and we'll help you with your ID1 and ID5 Registration

Ask us anything about our comprehensive suite of identity verification services. As a trusted leader in the field, we understand the critical importance of secure and efficient identity verification processes. Whether you’re an individual seeking legal assistance or a business ensuring compliance, our range of services caters to your diverse needs.

ID1 & ID5 Form Assistance:

Navigating through the complexities of legal documentation, especially the ID5 form, can be daunting. Our team of experienced professionals is here to guide you through the process seamlessly. We provide thorough assistance with the completion and submission of the ID5 form, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulatory standards.

Online Solicitor Services:

In an era where digital transactions dominate, our online solicitor services bring convenience to your fingertips. Access legal expertise from the comfort of your home or office. Our team of solicitors is well-versed in online procedures, ensuring a smooth and secure experience for all your legal needs.

HM Solicitors and ID Check:

Trust is the cornerstone of any legal transaction. Our association with HM solicitors ensures that your identity is verified with the utmost diligence. Our ID check services adhere to the highest standards, providing you with the confidence that your legal matters are in safe hands.

ID1 & ID5 Price Transparency:

We believe in transparency in every aspect of our service. Our ID5 price structure is designed to be clear and competitive, reflecting our commitment to providing affordable yet high-quality identity verification solutions. No hidden costs, no surprises – just straightforward pricing.

Identification Form Support:

Understanding the nuances of identification forms is crucial. Our dedicated team is here to support you in completing the necessary documentation accurately. Whether it’s a form ID1 or any other identification form in the UK, we’ve got you covered.

Land Solicitor Expertise:

Property transactions require meticulous attention to detail. Our team of experienced land solicitors specialises in handling the legal aspects of property matters. From title deeds to land registry submissions, we ensure that your interests are protected every step of the way.

Solicitor Check for Assurance:

Choosing the right solicitor is paramount. Our solicitor check service offers peace of mind by verifying the credentials and reputation of legal professionals. We make sure you are represented by solicitors with a proven track record of excellence.

Affordable Legal Solutions:

We understand that legal services can be perceived as expensive. Our commitment to providing affordable solutions sets us apart. Explore our range of services, including cheap solicitors, without compromising on the quality of representation.

ID Verification Service:

Our ID verification service employs cutting-edge technology to authenticate identities securely. Whether for personal or business purposes, our robust verification process ensures the integrity of every transaction.

When you choose us, you’re choosing a partner dedicated to making legal processes accessible, efficient, and secure. Trust us for all your identity verification and legal support needs. Contact us today to experience a new standard in legal services.